POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questionable Content on the Newsgroups : Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questionable Content on the Newsgroups
From: Fernando G  del Cueto
Date: 5 Apr 2004 03:11:14
Message: <40710692$1@news.povray.org>
I also don't like very much these images you're talking about but, with
perhaps the exception of one, I don't find them particularly offensive.

What would really bother me is if this person is posting these images just
to cause controversy or discomfort purposefully. That we will never know for
sure.

The problem with your definition of pornography is that it depends on the
definition of obscenity, which is extremely difficult to define in universal
terms.

I think one way to avoid this problem is to prohibit nude or "questionable"
images completely in p.b.i and open a new group which permits this kind of
images. That way we could be sure that no one will be offended. Of course
some will miss some "artistic" samples, but it will be an individual choice
to access this group or remain in the "immaculate" p.b.i.

Just a suggestion.

Fernando